- Deepest canyon in the world = Hell Canyon (Oregon, Idaho ; depth = 2400 m)|
- 2nd most populous urban agglomeration in the world = New York (population = 22 M).
- 2nd largest lake in the world = Superior (82 000 Km2). See also Canada.
- 5th largest lake in the world = Huron (61 000 Km2). See also Canada.
- 6th largest lake in the world = Michigan (58 000 Km2).
- 3rd longest river in the world = Missouri (5970 Km).
- 5th highest waterfall in the world = Yosemite (739 m).
- The highest water jet in the world = 172 m. (Fountain Hills, Arizona). (source = Guiness Book 2003)
- Highest recorded temperature in America = 57░C / 134░F (Death Valley, California, 1913-Jul.10).
- 5th longest suspension bridge in the world = Verrazano (1298 m).
- 6th longest suspension bridge in the world = Golden Gate (1280 m).
- The highest living floor in a tower = 443 m. (110th floor, Sears Tower, Chicago).
- The highest artificial structure in the world = 629 m. (Fargo's TV antenna, Dakota).
- The largest library in the world = Congress library, Washington (72 M books and manuscripts).
- The longest subway in the world is in New York (468 stations, total length = 1355 Km).
- The largest amusement park in the world = Orlando's Disney World (Florida) : 121 400 m2.
- World record of 100 m. running = 9.79 seconds (Maurice Greens, Athens, 1999).
- The tallest man in all times was 2.72 metres tall (Robert Wadlow, dead in 1940).