Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 128231 - from Isabel (Spain) - 2020-09-03
: "PENFRIENDS FOR KEEPING UP SMILING- SPANISH -ENGLISH"

Hello teachers !Let me start saying that this year is absolutely a challenge for us to keep motivation and learning up. My name is Isabel and I am a Foreign Language teacher in a primary school in Valsaín, Segovia ,Spain. The school website is ceiplapradera (search) The school is rural but innovative and it has been awarded with many national prizes. you can type : rtve /maneras-educar-centro-escolar-pradera-valsain-segovia and you may find a video in the national tv. I cannot type the whole link here.
The Foreign Language area needs however a push and since I am a French and English teacher,I have thought that the fact of having penfriends could be a good start. In the past it worked for me with an exchange of letters, postcards, brochures and my students improved their level step by step. I teach all classes.Infant Education ( I have three classes -8 students of three years old, 8 students of 4 years old and 10 students of 5 years old ) and Primary Education (primary 1- 14 students of 6 years old) ( primary 2 -14 students of 7 years old),primary 3 - 10 students of 8 years old), primary 4 -10 students of 9 years old) primary 5 -8 students of 10 years old and primary 6-9 students of 11-12 years old). about 90 students all together.... You may only have one class but I dont mind having different countries as it could be more enriching for us I am looking especially for countries where English is official language but I am open to other possibilities. For example , one year, my students wrote in Spanish, last year only in English. Even long ago, we exchanged cultural facts and different lifestyles with a French speaking country. I think this year it is super important to create an atmosphere of hope across boundaries because we are all suffering the covid19 and we are in the same team as students, teachers and families.It could be a way of teaching languages IN USE. Contact me as soon as possible please by email. GOOD START FOR EVERYONE....

128231 -
modify delete 128712 - Reply from Darel (Slovakia) - 2021-02-08

I agree with you, this is a great start for all of us. I also started making exchanges. I teach Polish and Slavic. And I use a lot of modern tools in my work. So I am also interested in cooperation!

128231 -
modify delete 128680 - Reply from sophie (France) - 2021-01-24

Bonjour, votre annonce est-elle toujours d'actualité ?
Car la proposition de correspondance m'intéresserait.

128231 -
modify delete 128471 - Reply from Tara Vinson (USA) - 2020-11-02

I teach a multicultural class that includes Spanish language learning in an IB school. I have a ton of students - but maybe we exchange letters anyways? We are Phillippi Shores Elementary School in Sarasota, FL. I teach Kindergarten (age 5) through Grade 5 (age 11). We have over 800 students but we could send letters or videos as a class. Thanks for reaching out!

128231 -
modify delete 128469 - Reply from Hayette (Mayotte) - 2020-11-01

Hello Isabel,
I'm Hayette PETIBON, mainly a history and geography teacher but I also teach these subjects in English. With my colleague and friend Chrystele, we'd like to start a penfriendship between our 30 pupils (14-15 years old) and yours. Mayotte where we live and work is a very poor country (the poorest of the E.U) but our pupils are eager to learn and to develop their knowledge both in spanish and english. If you're interested we would very much like to exchange about cultural facts and the different lifestyle we have here in Mayotte (a French speaking country with African and Comorian roots and languages).
Please let me know if you are interested ASAP. Thank you so much for this great initiative.
Hayette PETIBON

128231 -
modify delete 128275 - Reply from Axl (France) - 2020-09-09

Bonjour/hola,

J'ai bien compris que tu cherchais en priorité des classes anglophones mais si jamais tu voulais bien que ma classe participe à un échange épistolaire avec une partie de tes élèves ? J'ai 21 élèves de 8-9 ans.
Merci

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info