| Recipes of The Week
Tofu Dream Pudding & Pie Filling
Time to get out the blender
| Items needed || Ingredients |
| Blender || 2-3 aseptic Firm Tofu |
| Kitchen Knife || 1/4 C Sugar or substitute |
| Measuring Spoons || 1 1/2 t. vanilla |
| Measuring cups || 2 t. almond extract (optional) |
| Rubber Spatula || 1/2 C cocoa powder or Carob powder |
1. Remember Tofu is SILKEN aseptic (found foil wrapped) Not Waterpacked
2. Cut up tofu in small chunks and add to the blender.
3. Blend all ingredients until smooth
4. Add to your favorite pie shell, add fruit the ideas are endless
5. Put the mix into the refrigerator while you are waiting for the pie shell to cook.
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
|Pie Pan || 2-3 C. Gluten free flour |
| Measuring spoons || 1 t. salt|
| Measuring Cups || 2 t. sugar|
| Clean Hands || 1/2 C. oil|
| Mixing Bowl || 2 T. Rice Milk |
| Rolling pin || extra flour |
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in the mixing bowl, with clean hands.
3. Make a well in the middle mix in the oil and rice milk.
4. Sprinkle extra flour onto smooth, clean counter or table.
5. Place mix onto the floured surface.
6. Flip mix over on other floured area.
7. Place rolling pin onto the floured top of the mix and roll till the mix is 1/4 in tall.
8. Make sure the mix doesn't stick to the table.
9. Pick up mix and place into 10" pie pan.
10. Use a fork and put small holes all over the mix in the pie pan.
11. The holes should look like this:
all over the pie crust bottom and sides.
12. To make the edges of the pie look pretty use your thumb and first finger on the inside edge of the pie crust, along the edges of the pie pan; and the first finger of your other hand and push the first finger in between the thumb and first finger of the other hand. When you are finished doing this all around the pie pan it should look like a zig zag line around the edge of the pie crust.
13. Put the pie shell into the oven, and bake for 5-10 min. Check often the crust needs to be brown not burnt.
14. Take out the shell and wait for 5-10 minutes while it cools
15. Pour the pudding into the shell, cover the pie, and refrigerate until your ready to eat it.
Sorry it took me a bit to get back to this.