Forum about Jobs - Writer
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 39823 - from Amaani , 10 y.o. (GBR) - 2021-05-25
Writer : "Heart of the Night: Chapter 7"

Luna looked down at her bare feet. They felt curiously and deliciously warm. She was standing on pinkish-whitish candy floss. It looked like that any way. It was sprinkled with the same purple sparkles on Vastwars' fur. 'Are we on a...' 'Cloud? Yes we are.' Vastwars was lying on his side with his eyes half shut; he looked like someone sun bathing on the edge of a cliff. Luna was bursting with wonder, excitement and questions. 'Where do all the sparkles come from? How come we're not sinking through? I thought all clouds were mad from water! Can I touch the stars? How come the clouds in the daylight don't look like this? What if we fell of the edge? Where will this cloud take us? Can we go up to the moon?' Luna hadn't notice that Vastwars looked like he was sleeping, but now he said, 'Hold on young one. Let me answer those questions one by one. Firstly, those sparkles are star dust. I advise you to lose no time in covering yourself in it: it makes you stronger and lighter and more night able.' 'How are you strong and light at the same time?' 'One at a time Luna, one at a time. Touching the stars will also be good for you. Star dust also make clouds strong and fluffy, so we don't sink through. If you fell, which there are few chances of and clouds are easily moulded into a large enough size for everyone, you'd be bound to fall onto another cloud. And also, one thing I wish you to understand is that night time has NOTHING in common with day and thus our clouds are TOTALLY different!' Luna started at Vastwars suddenly angry and ferocious voice. She looked at him. He had lifted up his head with eyes blazing. In a second he sank back into the same relaxed position and went on in his normal voice. 'As for going to the moon, it's a once in a life time experience. I nearly got there once. I was a young an reckless youth, but I took too big a leap and fell nearly to the ground.' Luna remembered there leap from an extremely tall roof to the cloud they were standing on and though it would have to be a VERY long jump for her companion to fall. 'Oh, a leap from a roof to a cloud is nothing. You'll learn that in a while.' Luna started for a second time. Vastwars had just read her mind! Ignoring his young companions astonishment, the Wanil went on to tell Luna all about life up in the clouds and how they would drift from one into another, surveying the ground, and how Luna would learn to cloud jump and then to star jump, and Luna listened to her mentor with eager ears through out the night. Eventually, the stars disappeared one by one, and Luna felt a lonely, drowsiness come over her, and she made a lump in the cloud with her hands and resting her head on it and pulling her coverlet around her she closed her eyes.
Meanwhile, a boy and a magnificent lion, with a burning, red coloured mane watched two huddled figures nestled on a cloud float along. 'What were those Alba?' 'Those, Altanot, are my hated rival, the cursed Wanil and his kidnapped apprentice. Those are your targets.'
As the colours of the dawn grew stronger, the world of the night sank away. Vastwars became more and more see through until he had vanished away, and Luna followed him. She had become one of the night.

39823 -
modify delete 39824 - Reply from Valerie (AUT) - 2021-05-25

The story looks so real and professional! I wish I could write as well! Unbelievable! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Forum about Jobs - Writer - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info