Forum about Jobs - Historian
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 35681 - from Yile , 17 y.o. (CHN) - 2018-05-22
Historian : "1168525"

Hi everyone, I¡¯m a student from China and is planning to do a project on technology and world history. My subject is about technology and America civil war (or salvery, maybe) though I am not quite familiar with that period 🤣. I hope there¡¯s someone can help me on this subject or give me other advice about the topic. Feel free to e-mail me, we can talk about anything we are interested in.

35681 -
modify delete 35714 - Reply from Julia , 20 y.o. (USA) - 2018-06-04

Hi Yile! My name is Julia. I am a student at Ocean County Community College in the United States. I am a big fan of Civil War history and would be happy to help.

I have visited Gettysburg, Washington DC, as well as many other Civil-war places on the East Coast. Anything specific you want to ask me about, feel free. I am majoring in the American Civil war!

One interesting tale is of General William T. Sherman, who was a general for the Union army. Durring the end of the war, he used "Total warfare" to achieve his goa, sometimes called "Shemans March". He burned, pillaged, and overthrew atlanta Georgia, pushing General Robert E. Lee (the most well known confederate General) up towards General Grant, who pushed lee to the appromatic court house in april of 1865.

Also, look up the 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment. They were the first all Black infantry regiment to fight for the United States Union. They fought at Fort Wagner, and although lost, they went down in history as the first to fight as Black soldiers in America.

The Civil war was not just about slavary, it was much more then that. Please feel free to ask any more questions!
-Julia

Forum about Jobs - Historian - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info