Forum about Jobs - Psychologist
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 34885 - from Ayliah , 21 y.o. (USA) - 2017-10-13
Psychologist : "Psychologist Versus Psychiatrist (the more you know!)"

I want to start off by saying I'm not trying to be rude or "smart".
Maybe in your country that is the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist. Here, the difference is a doctorate degree. Mentally ill patients can be defined as those with behavioral disorders or even substance abuse because it is cognitive function that is impaired psychologically. So that's not a difference. The MAIN difference is that a psychiatrist can prescribe medication and a psychologist can't. The psychologist can only prescribe medication after a doctorate degree (PsyD or PhD) so they have the medical aspect of the profession. A psychologist is still a psychologist if they treat mentally ill patients, they do not only do research. In fact, more psychiatrists do research with the doctorate because they are then allowed to administer medications for studies. I have scholarly references/sources (from my country) to help you better understand if you need to. I'm a psychology student and a scholar with the National Society of Collegiate Scholars here in America with a 4.0 GPA (only because my college doesn't have higher than 4.0).

Nice to meet you all! Feel free to message me!

~Ayliah

Forum about Jobs - Psychologist - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info