Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 41189 - from Paul (Japan) - 2011-09-27
: "Pen Pals!"

Hello,

I am currently an English teacher in Iwate, Japan.

I think it would be great to find other schools that would be willing to write to my students, in exchange for replies. We could exchange letters about difference in culture, school and general life. Attempts at each others native language is always met with delightful smile!

I teach in two schools, one rural and one within a town. We are places in beautiful countryside, surrounded by mountains.

My students are aged 15-18, however younger students my be suitable as their English is still developing. It would be great to hear from any European country, America or Canada, but we will welcome letters from any country. Pictures are great too, so we know who we are writing to!!

We prefer snail mail to email, as this is more tangible.

Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Paul

41189 -
modify delete 124015 - Reply from Sinead (Canada) - 2018-10-01

Hi there!

I have 13 students who would love to communicate with kids in another country; they are in high school, but their literacy levels are considerably lower because of learning disabilities. I'm thinking your students' English levels and mine may be an appropriate match. We would like to communicate using postcards (they will be working on Griffin and Sabine, so this would support their study of that book).

How does this sound to you?

Best
Sinead

41189 -
modify delete 102620 - Reply from Hope (USA) - 2015-01-12

Hello paul,

I am 14 year old girl in the United states who would love to exchange letters with your class. I also have a friend of the sane age who is willing to as well. Both of

41189 -
modify delete 98311 - Reply from Marie (France) - 2014-04-14

Hello!
I'm 16 years old and I'm french student :) I would love to communicate with yours students! I can sent Emails everydays and I also can sent letters. I think it's a little late but I wanted to try^^
Thank you !

41189 -
modify delete 47570 - Reply from kathleen (USA) - 2012-10-07

im an 11 year old girl in america. i would really like to snail mail your students. you can snai mail me at 3005 s. linley ct. denver,CO 80236.

41189 -
modify delete 44844 - Reply from Joanna (USA) - 2012-06-29

I am a high school teacher in a rural Oklahoma school district in the USA. I would be interested in having my classes pen pal with yours. Please contact me if this is still something you are interested in doing.

41189 -
modify delete 43412 - Reply from Nicole (USA) - 2012-02-14

Hi Paul I am a first grade teacher in Rhode Island USA. I am doing a country study on Japan and wanted to have my studnets write to students from Japan. If you could help me it would be great. Thank You Nicole

41189 -
modify delete 42756 - Reply from crystl molina (USA) - 2011-12-19

My students are studying japanese. Their ages are 14 to 18. I prefer letters in the mail with pictures for my students. We are located in greenville, nc.

41189 -
modify delete 42121 - Reply from Shelby (USA) - 2011-11-01

Sorry. I made a mistake. Please ignore everything I posted on this section of the site...I did not realize it was for teachers only. Sorry..

41189 -
modify delete 42120 - Reply from Shelby (USA) - 2011-11-01

Hello. I am a high schooler. Me and my friends would love to be penpals. I have about five or six friends that would probably be able to do it. I have never personally sent a letter to anyone, however, so I would probably stick to email. My friends and I are all looking forward to your relpy and hopefully we will be able to talk to some of your students. Thank you for your time.

(If you want to know anything about my school or my area or anything just ask.)
:)

41189 -
modify delete 41940 - Reply from Catherine (USA) - 2011-10-21

The students in our school in the USA would love to be pen-pals with your students in Japan! We're an organization of about 20 students that are looking for friends across the world!

41189 -
modify delete 41830 - Reply from Linda (Australia) - 2011-10-17

HI have you had much of a response to your message re- penpal letters?
I work at an all girls Catholic Middle school In Hove, Adelaide, Australia
Hove is a lovely beachside suburb of the city Adelaide
Students are from year 6-9 but I am particularly interested in setting up a penpal exchnage with my year 7 classes- students are aged around 12 have only basic Japanese except a few students who have studied Jpanese from Reception (still basuic though as alot of them have only mainly done cultural studies..)
Howe many students/classes do you have?
I think we will have 5 year 7 classes in 2012
I am thinking of starting letters in 2012...
Let me know if interested

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info