Forum about Debates - Actualities
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 17725 - from James , 13 y.o. (Ireland) - 2017-08-21
Actualities : "The world today"

The world has changed a lot since our ancestors settled and started to farm their lands, now many people waste their time on social media thinking that people care about them, now many people waste money on things that don't exist thinking it's a good investment, now many people don't actually know what's in their food, their clothes, their computers, now many people ignore everything about life, why shouldn't these people try to stop being codes in a server, percentages, why shouldn't they get out of this consumer driven society by just living their lives without the imaginary and binary stuff, why shouldn't they stop being the slaves of their own society?

17725 -
modify delete 17779 - Reply from cherine (France) - 2017-09-08

hi , i know it's weird but i really need a help in english et i can see that you write well so can you help me and if you are interessed i'm a student french

17725 -
modify delete 17743 - Reply from Raphaël , 13 y.o. (Canada) - 2017-08-24

The Cree, Algonquin, Inuit and other Aboriginal peoples keep speaking their languages. I agree they're all wonderful languages.

But a majority of Canadians don't speak one of those languages because we're from other backgrounds. French and British people went here and colonized Canada. They didn't start to speak Ojibwa, Innu-Aimun or Wendat because they just invaded, destroyed and killed.

I am from French and Irish heritage, that's why I don't speak my regional Native language (the Innu-Aimun one). But I know a few words, and if I have children someday, I think I'll send them to the Innu-Aimun-speaking school.

17725 -
modify delete 17731 - Reply from James , 13 y.o. (Ireland ) - 2017-08-22

Also why shouldn't you speak the beautiful Cree, graceful Algonquin or majestic Inuktitut? Were these not some of the original languages of Canada?

17725 -
modify delete 17729 - Reply from James , 13 y.o. (Ireland) - 2017-08-22

Because you think Irish people actually stopped speaking Gaelic just for fun?
I can answer your question, the monarchs of England wanted to regain control over Ireland for cultural and strategic purposes, so they gave lands in Ireland to English men and told them to farm their lands, that way the colonists loyal to the king would impose English, and the English crown would slowly take control of Ireland through colonisation, and military occupation of course.

17725 -
modify delete 17728 - Reply from Raphaël , 13 y.o. (Canada) - 2017-08-22

Why did they stop to speak their beautiful Gaelic language?

Forum about Debates - Actualities - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info