Forum about Homework help - Geography
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 16182 - from Ali (Asia) - 2013-02-16
Geography : "Do they study foreign history and geography in French schools?"

To French students:
Do you study history/geography of other countries at schools if you live in France and how they generally describe foreigners there?
N.B. French people are often said to know very few about countries other than France and it's a big surprise.

16182 -
modify delete 19230 - Reply from Elisabeth , 16 y.o. (France) - 2015-08-09

Yes we study foreign history and geografy in French schools.
For the history we study history of all around the world and for the geography we study the USA , the China and the Brasil.
But yes I'm agree with you because all school doesn't teach that, and sadly you're right with the " cultural nationalists".
But not all the french people are nationalist... I think this is a bit stereotyped.

16182 -
modify delete 16191 - Reply from ali (asia) - 2013-02-19

Padeolu, you're absolutely wrong!
I've met a lot of French people (in every age) but they don't know almost nothing about foreign countries (geography and history) because it's not studied in France (except for just basics related to large countries).
Statistically, French people are least travelling Europeans and many of them are "cultural nationalists" so they're focused at France and don't want to look in other ways. That's the key. Btw, many French people confirm it!

16182 -
modify delete 16187 - Reply from padeolu (Nigeria) - 2013-02-18

i quite disagree about that. though have never been to france, but i have being lucky to meet and interact with alot of them. Most of them do know about geography/history of other countries.

Forum about Homework help - Geography - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info