Forum Animaux - Singe
- Filtre optionnel -
Recherche d'un mot :

modifier supprimer 34415 - de Scotia , 18 ans (AUS) - 2020-05-05
Singe : "Primates learning sign language"

Hi guys, i'm just visiting this formu, i have some interesting things i thought you might like haha. I've already seen someone saying that there should be separate forums for the other primates. so ill say my little disclaimer: I'm mention Chimpanzees and Gorillas as well.
Anyway, I'm currently studying language and communication at university and we studied a bit about the difference between animal and human communication. Did you know that there is a famous chimp called Nim Chimpsky (named after Noam Chomsky a famous linguist), who a group of scientists attempted to teach sign language to in a big study on the language acquisition of animals. He actually learnt an impressive amount of signs but the study didn't prove that animals can learn human language.
Another famous primate is the Gorilla Koko who a lady taught American Sign Language to, its quite impressive watching videos of the human and gorilla communicating through ASL.
Anyway, i wont bore you all haha, i just thought it was interesting and that you all on here, or at least some, might appreciate these little facts.

Forum Animaux - Singe - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
pour toute remarque / question, merci de contacter le webmaster :

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info