Forum about Jobs - Writer
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 39138 - from Abbey , 13 y.o. (CAN) - 2020-12-14
Writer : "Hi! This is my story, I hope you like it!"

The house hadn’t had visitors in over a century, all of the windows were nailed shut with wooden x’s over them, the porch at the front of the house was trashed, with chairs that had fallen over, and glass laying all over the porch floor, and the door was also nailed completely shut, the roof had also slightly fallen in to the big house.
When I enter through the front door of the house, I can hardly see. It is dark in the room, although you can see the outlines of certain objects. There is a little table to the left of the door, it is black, everything inside the house was. On top, lay a dead black rose, with only a couple petals remaining, while the others had fallen to the floor. You are intrigued by this, and reach out a hand to touch it, and then, Ouch! I thought. I pulled my hand away, and noticed my index finger had a small cut, and a little bit of blood started coming out. I walked closer to get a good look at it, and noticed that there were thorns, big black ones. I staggered back, and grabbed the door knob for support. I took some deep breaths, and then let go of it. I then turned towards the stairs that were going up, and then I began to ascend them.
Each stair creaked as I ascended, I walked up the stairs slowly, there were so many floors, 13 of them, and as I walked by each one, I noticed that there was only one door on that floor, and it was at the end of it. There was nothing else. I continued walking till I got to the final floor, no more stairs now. I turned, and walked to the end of the hallway on the final floor, and as I got right to the door, I expected something to jump out at me, but nothing did. It was silent. There was nothing but a pin drop that I could hear, coming from one of the floors below. I extended my small hand towards the knob, and then enclosed my fingers around it. It was cold, and almost as though no one has been up here in a long time. I then turned the knob in my hands, and the door came open.
I expected something to jump up at me, but nothing did……….again. I breathed a sigh of relief, and then walked into the room and began investigating. I don’t exactly know what I am doing, but I have passed this house for 13 years on my way home from school, and I thought it was just about time I saw it. Something always drew me to this house, it felt like everytime I walked by it was calling my name almost. It sounds stupid, I know, but I don’t really know any other way to describe it. That is why I am here, to find something, and something has drawn me to this room. I searched the floor first, although there was nothing except an ugly ,old, black rug that lay in the center of the room, and more black rose petals scattered all around the floor. There was also a bed in the right corner of the room, that was untidy with blankets and sheets that were all rumpled and messy. The covers and sheets were also black, along with all four walls and the ceiling. That’s when I lowered my gaze and saw a small black dresser, with 4 drawers, that had old fashioned handles, and a small black mirror on top. I then walked towards it, because I felt something there. There was nothing in the room except a bed,rug, rose petals and this dresser. I got that feeling again, that feeling where I could almost hear it calling my name, so I then walked forward towards it.I was in front of the dresser staring down at its drawers, I was intrigued and wondered what could be inside, but then another piece of me felt that, well I don’t know, that something was wrong. Unease twisted inside of me, and I didn’t like it. It's fine,I thought, There is nothing wrong. NOTHING. I pushed down the sudden nausea, and reached my hand out to the first drawer with the fancy handle, I grabbed it, anticipating something that would jump out at me, but………...again, nothing did. The drawer was empty. I sighed and pushed it back. On to the next one, I opened it slower this time, and I then noticed that there were things in this drawer, two things actually. The first was a thick purple book, that had beautiful designs on the cover, and a pretty silver font that said the words, The Art Of Resurrection. I stared at it puzzled, what did this mean? Nothing probably, I thought. I tossed it back into the drawer, and turned my attention to the second objects. They………..were candles, five of them to be exact. They were all tall and had pure white wax………………….not something I planned to see, but it was at least something. I took a last peek, and then closed the drawer, no longer interested. I then moved on to the third drawer, where I found a beautiful red and white box, it was one of the old fashioned ones that was made of glass, and I was instantly intrigued. I opened it gently, and inside was a thick stack of letters that were tied together with red and white string. I undid the bow, and opened the first letter in the pile. To Annabelle, it said on the front. I opened the letter, actually I opened all of the letters, and they were all SO sappy. Gross, I thought. It was this one man that was writing to this girl named Annabelle, about how much he loved her and all that stuff. After reading all of the letters, I found one photograph, and it was of a man, a handsome man, that was tall and muscular, that had light brown hair with golden highlights, kind blue eyes, and a nice smile. Could this be him? The one that wrote the letters? I thought. I placed the photo and letters back inside the box, closed it, and gently placed it back. There were more black roses in this dresser, dead black roses, but nothing else. I moved on to the final drawer, there was nothing, except one small piece of white paper with a red font, written by a messy hand. I picked it up and examined it closer. It read, It’s time. I’m ready. I will bring you back. For a moment I just stared at it puzzled, then I started to put the pieces together, the letters, the candles, the book…………...it all makes sense. How could I not have seen it before? The nausea started up again, and I staggered backwards, my mind racing. The note fell from my hand, as I clutched both sides of the dresser for support. Breath, I thought, breath. I slowly walked towards the center of the room, and kicked the ugly old rug aside, it was just as I thought. A pentagram, five sides, five candles. I took some deep breaths and after, I opened my eyes, and looked up at the mirror before me, I could see myself, ………………...and someone else. A tall, pale woman wearing a black and purple dress, with long tangled black hair that came to her knees, was only meters behind me, standing at the entrance of the room with a look that was beyond fury. I was not only nauseated, but down right afraid. Her black eyes stared directly at me, she didn’t move. For moments we only stared at each other. Until eventually I saw something, something long and sharp, that glowed bright, and silver in her hand. Her expression had now changed to a grin, but not a good one. She raised the object directly over my heart, grinning an ugly smile. That was the last thing I knew.

39138 -
modify delete 39672 - Reply from Juliana (CAN) - 2021-04-15

Hi there! I know this is a very late response, but I have to say, this is great! Some critique would be to break your last paragraph down and to use your ellipses (...) correctly. Otherwise, this is an enjoyable read. ;)

39138 -
modify delete 39168 - Reply from Abbey , 13 y.o. (CAN) - 2020-12-21

Also, part 2 is coming soon!!

39138 -
modify delete 39167 - Reply from Abbey , 13 y.o. (CAN) - 2020-12-21

Thank you so much! That means a lot! I’m glad you liked it!

39138 -
modify delete 39166 - Reply from Caroline , 14 y.o. (USA) - 2020-12-21

This is AMAZING! You are so talented!

39138 -
modify delete 39141 - Reply from Abbey , 13 y.o. (CAN) - 2020-12-15

Thank you so much! :)

39138 -
modify delete 39139 - Reply from Amaani , 10 y.o. (GBR) - 2020-12-15

This has so much suspense! I love how you build up tension. It's a brilliant mystery. I can't wait to hear the next part!

Forum about Jobs - Writer - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info