Forum about Jobs - Writer
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 39111 - from Jacqueline , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2020-12-09
Writer : "A revamped index on the Hra'jaauvi"

"Hra'jaauvi" is the name that I've chosen for my fictional species of ursine semi-humanoids from "Asteria". In their main language, High Shahreian, it means "People of Jaauvi", which is their homeworld. Jaauvi is a planet slightly smaller than Earth located in the Uujri-Tsoshaan binary star system in the Andromeda Galaxy.

The Hra'jaauvi are a large species, averaging at about 7 feet in height. They have digitigrade legs, short, lynx-like tails, and six limbs (two pairs of arms, one pair of legs). Their hands are padded, but dexterous, like raccoon hands, and have four fingers and two opposable thumbs. They have purple, elephantine skin and fur that comes in many colors, including black, white, bluish-grey, white, or lilac. The Hra'jaauvi are equally comfortable upright and on "all-sixes". They resemble a cross between a brown bear and a sloth bear. They are hypocarnivores, meaning that they eat mostly plants and fungi, but also a bit of meat.

Despite Jaauvi's slightly lower gravity, the average Hra'jaauvi is quite strong due to their homeworld's assortment of dangerous carnivores and large prey animals. They also have a subspecies that lives on the super-Earth Rruviiq, which shares a binary orbit with Jaauvi. The two planets share 6 moons.

The Hra'jaauvi were once solitary, much like bears, but eventually developed a somewhat lion-like social structure, with 1-3 males and up to 12 females (related or unrelated) living together in communal burrows. They developed agriculture to feed both themselves and colonies of eusocial insects that they raised for food. They also bred small, rabbit-like animals for food and herded large yak-analogs.

They continued this agrarian lifestyle for centuries, with only the occasional inter-clan clashes, until the invasion of their system by the Tuvira in 22 I.E. Although they eventually managed to fight off the invaders by reverse-engineering their technology under the leadership of the warrior-priest Uulshorrai, the war left the Hra'jaauvi a changed species. They set out into space in order to better defend themselves against further invasion attempts. Here, they met the vastly more advanced humans, who traded with the Hra'jaauvi for their agricultural products and unique bluewood trees. This is how they acquired FTL technology since the Tuvira only had STL fusion drives. Their interstellar government, the Kingdom of Jaauvi, became an Orion Alliance member state in 76 I.E.

Hra'jaauvi culture is clan-based and focuses on martial pursuits, though artists and scholars are also highly respected. Their religion focuses on worshipping the suns, moons, stars, and Rruviiq.

39111 -
modify delete 39113 - Reply from Jacqueline , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2020-12-10

I might actually add them to a new setting altogether.

Forum about Jobs - Writer - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info