Forum about Jobs - Writer
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 38929 - from Jacqueline , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2020-12-08
Writer : "A science fiction story. Idk what to call it yet."

Mei'hruumssan uz' Zhan'Yishiima uz' Fii'Qqarhaama had never seen anything like this before. In front of him was a shiny, white, bird-analog-shaped object the size of his clan's longhouse. It had strange, blocky writing painted on the side in a script that he could not read. It appeared to be damaged, with smoke rising out of the end.

Suddenly, a hatch on the left side hissed open, and a strange figure emerged. Initially, it dragged itself out of the "Relic", as his tribe chose to call it, and crawled across the dirt, but it slowly stood up. Mei'hruumssan could see that the figure was vaguely Ghahiirrimoid, but it was much shorter, standing only one wuj'han tall, and tailless. It turned its head, which was concealed by a helmet of some sort, upwards and looked him in the eyes. Mei'hruumssan's tail-blades stiffened with anxiety at this figure's sudden challenge. "What do I do??", he thought, "What if it attacks me?" Without warning, the being moved its hand to its waist. Before it could draw a weapon, he whipped his tail. The larger tail-blade slashed the being's hip, causing it to scream in pain. Red blood spilled across the sand, quite unlike the bluish-green of Ghahiirrim blood.

Panicked, Mei'hruumssan quickly grabbed the being and tossed it over his shoulder. He ran the full qujqa's voyage back to his Fii's manor, worried about what his uncle, the Fii's leader, would think.

Once he arrived at his destination, he gently set the being on the ground. A crowd gathered. This was the last thing Mei'hruumssan needed today.

"It's bleeding!", a jill exclaimed.
"Somebody get the physician!", her companion shouted.

The crowd parted. Mei'hruumssan's fears became reality.
It was his uncle, Uulshorai.

"What is going on here?", his uncle demanded. Once he saw his nephew crouching over a bleeding, strange, being, his mane bristled with anger and he exuded a scent of mild rage.

"Meihruumssan! Explain yourself!", he roared.
"I-I didn't mean to do it! H-he reached for something at his waist! I panicked!", Meihruumssan stammered.
"Enough excuses. Bring it to the physician."

Reply if you want to see part two!

38929 -
modify delete 38933 - Reply from Jacqueline , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2020-12-08

Glossary of Ghahiirrim terms:
"Wuj'han": A unit of measurement equal to five feet and 5 inches.
"Qujqa": Another unit of measurement roughly equal to 2 miles.
"Jill": A female Ghahiirrim. I based this off of the system for opossums, since the Ghahiirrim have pouches.
"Uz'": When translated, means "of".
"Zhaal": Clan
"Fii": An alliance of Zhaal based on trade and military alliances. Very loosely analogous to a Mandalorian House from Star Wars.

38929 -
modify delete 38931 - Reply from Erin , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2020-12-08

Also, constructive criticism is very much welcome.

38929 -
modify delete 38930 - Reply from Jacqueline , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2020-12-08

P.S., sorry for the spelling inconsistencies. The name is supposed to be "Mei'hruumssan".

Forum about Jobs - Writer - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info