Forum about Jobs - Musician
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 38313 - from Emma-Grace , 17 y.o. (USA) - 2020-11-01
Musician : "Just some advice"

I am graduating high school this year and cannot wait to get into the real world. I know what I want to do and that is make music. It has been a major part of me and my life for many years now. What concerns me most though is that you here all the negatives of being a musician and nobody ever gives you the positives. I want to know about the positives that will out way the rough times of being a musician.

38313 -
modify delete 39678 - Reply from Juliana (CAN) - 2021-04-17

Hi Emma-Grace! I know this is a really late reply, but I wanted to say something. Of course there are some downsides to being a professional musician for a living, like there isn't a safety net to fall back on in the beginning. But if being a musician is what you really want to do and it's not just a short infatuation, then I say: do it.
You will be happier, you can make other people happier, and you will feel as if you've accomplished something huge. There are tons of record labels out there that would be willing to sign with you, and if you want to be independent, there's Youtube.
If you're still not entirely sure if you want to pursue music, maybe start a small Youtube channel while doing your other job. If the channel picks up viewers, you can switch to doing music full-time.
Thanks for taking the time to listen to me, and I wish you the best in all your future endeavors :)

Juliana

Forum about Jobs - Musician - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info