Forum about Jobs - Soldier
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 27687 - from Jared , 14 y.o. (USA) - 2014-12-28
Soldier : "Enlisted or Officer?"

Hello all! I want to enlist into the USMC, but others and my parents say I should go officer. I am in a youth military program and have talked to many marines, and they said based off my leadership skills and motives, I should enlist. Should I enlist or go officer? Also, is life as an enlisted marine easy? Will I encounter any finacial troubles? Will it be easy to get an education? Should I stay in until retirement? I plan on going in as a tank crewman, arty canoneer or combat engineer. (I know you pick yout field, not your MOS for active duty.) I would like to hear from people with or without USMC background.

27687 -
modify delete 34972 - Reply from Bradly , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2017-11-09

Hey from being in a youth military program to i think it would be best intrist on look at both and deciding for yourself after you learn the facts

27687 -
modify delete 30976 - Reply from Geoffrey (USA) - 2015-10-29

Hello i understand you are in the Military Youth Program and you said the Marines said you would be good in the Enlist. I am going into the National guard and i was told 11B would be a great thing for me and i agreed. If the marines, people who have been in for years of service are telling you you should enlist personally i would agree but there are great benefits with both Enlistment and Officer. So i would enlist but it is you're choice.

27687 -
modify delete 28364 - Reply from kylee (USA) - 2015-03-27

Hi Jared, My name is Kylee. I am currently I Navy Cadet in California, I have a lot more training to do, I am interested in search and rescue. You asked if life as a marine is easy, well, if you are enlisted or an officer you job will be difficult but rewarding, if you want it to be. You will have to work hard. People who go into the military do not have financial problems the military takes good care of their people. You will have medical insurance, if you cant afford housing you will be house on the base at which you are stationed. When getting an education is concerned you have to options both which are great in my opinion: you can enlist and take online courses which the military will pay partially for or you can attempt to get into a military academy such as West Point, air force academy, naval academy, etc.. and when you graduate you will enter the military as a officer(lieutenant)and will be mandated to serve at least 6 years in return.
staying in the military until retirement is a good idea because you can get full benefits (more money). I hope I answered all your questions. Good luck. if you have any more questions just ask.

Forum about Jobs - Soldier - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info