Forum about Jobs - Historian
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 15362 - from Leah , 18 y.o. (AUS) - 2012-03-20
Historian : "History..."

I love history as I think that there is so much that we can learn from history, and that the way society was during the ancient civilizations such as the Pharaoh Dynasties and the time of Ancient Rome. I love the older, classical history compared to modern history as it is so much more interesting in my eyes. It was so full of life, especially periods like the Renaissance, unlike today where technology has taken over in the absence of culture. There is still culture and art, but not to the extent of these periods. I would love to be a historian so I could study these more in depth...

15362 -
modify delete 17065 - Reply from lani (PNG) - 2012-06-21

hi!! i totally agree with your (leah's) statement "So many people take history for granted, causing many mistakes to be repeated." That explains why it is very imoportant that we know our history..we then may be able to know and understand the past, see the present and predict the future..

urs in history
Lani

15362 -
modify delete 15428 - Reply from Leah , 18 y.o. (AUS) - 2012-03-26

I also like to think about how people will see us in the future. What do you think will be the names of the modern and contemporary periods in the future? Do you think the WWI and WWII will be considered as an only one world war?
---
That's great, it's really interesting so Renaissance Italy doesn't feel like work. I think that they would very it as only one world war, or at least depending on how far we are talking about in terms of the future and whether we have expanded human settlement. Fifty years in the future, I believe that they will still belief that they are two wars, but maybe within another 200 years they will be perceived as one war with a slight respite in between.

15362 -
modify delete 15423 - Reply from Joanie , 20 y.o. (CAN) - 2012-03-26

My last exam was on the Renaissance. I almost had fun to do the exam, haha! It was strange. I don't have question for the moment.

I also like to think about how people will see us in the future. What do you think will be the names of the modern and contemporary periods in the future? Do you think the WWI and WWII will be considered as an only one world war?

15362 -
modify delete 15419 - Reply from Leah , 18 y.o. (AUS) - 2012-03-25

It's good to hear from somebody who has similar opinions to mine where history is concerned. As to your English, it is pretty good, so no worries about that. When I finish Year 12 at the end of the year I hope to study History at University so as it stands you probably have more knowledge about it than I do at the present time but I am currently studying Renaissance Italy and anything about that period that interests you or any topics from that period that you would like to discuss would be quite welcome. So many people take history for granted, causing many mistakes to be repeated.

And yes, thinking about the future is also quite interesting as to what they would think our culture would be compared to theirs and the advancement of it all.

15362 -
modify delete 15376 - Reply from Joanie , 20 y.o. (CAN) - 2012-03-21

Hi Leah, I agree with you. I have the same tastes about historical periods. I study History at the University. We could exchange our knowleges, tastes and ambitions if you want. I like to know how people lived in the past and I also like to imagine the future sometimes. History allows us to travel in the time and in the space and I find it funny. What I like the most are the little comic anecdotes that have occured sometimes in the past. Sorry for my English if it's not clear, it's not my native language.

Forum about Jobs - Historian - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info