Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 38489 - from Benjamin (Japan) - 2011-03-24
: "Looking for a Canadian Middle/Junior High School to Penpal with"

Dear Teachers,

I live in Hiroshima, Japan and I am a Canadian English teacher here. I teach grades 7 to 9 (Ages 12 - 15).
I have an English Club here at our Junior High School in Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima Japan where students spend a great deal of time focused towards learning and practicing English. Club activities are a very important cultural activity in junior high schools and students often spend much of their entire free time doing it, as students in Japan go to school 7 days a week.

What I am looking for a teacher who is interested in either digital content or snail mail to have open exchange between mostly 7th & 8th Grade students. There are about 12 to 15 students in the English Club who are very eager to communicate with other students of a similar age.

The chances are very few for them to have cultural exchanges with foreigners in Japan as there are not very many since Japan has its own secular culture. This would be a great opportunity for my students and your alike.

If your interested , please contact me.

All the Best,
Benjamin

38489 -
modify delete 47410 - Reply from Tetiana (Poland) - 2012-09-30

Hi,
My name is Tetiana from Poland. I work with 13-14 years old teens too. We're looking for pen pals from Japan. We would like to use snail mailing that will motivate our students to work harder (I can check their mistakes). We'd like to exchange the information about culture and traditions of our countries. Could we become your friends if it isn’t too late :)

38489 -
modify delete 42704 - Reply from Sukran (Turkey) - 2011-12-13

Hi! I'm an English teacher in Turkey, with students of 4th, 6th and 7th grades, 10 - 13 ages. I would prefer pen friendship first by letters, because all of these children haven´t got internet at home, and it would be a multidimensional, more beautiful, and effective experience for them. Then they can communicate in class where there are computers. Thanks.

38489 -
modify delete 41583 - Reply from Danielle (USA) - 2011-10-07

I know your message is from a while ago, but are you still interested in penpals from America? I have some 7th grade students interested! Let me know!

38489 -
modify delete 40100 - Reply from Benjamin (Japan) - 2011-08-23

Sounds great! Let me talk with another teacher to confirm it's okay to do it. I look forward to the cultural exchange.

38489 -
modify delete 40069 - Reply from Doc (USA) - 2011-08-22

Greetings!

I saw your advertisement on studentsoftheworld.info and thought I would send you a quick note.

I am the director of a fraternal organization that has a youth chapter comprised of about 25 youth (ages 10-17). Our youth live in different states and there is also an active chapter in New York City. They have expressed an interest in adopting a class of students with whom they can become pen pals during the upcoming school year. Our group convenes from October to May and our young people are amenable to communicating by snail mail or email as often as you'd like (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly).

If your group is interested in becoming pen pals with us, please drop me a line and we can discuss specifics.

Best of success to you and to your students for this upcoming school year.

Many thanks!

Dr. Leisa Williams ("Doc")

38489 -
modify delete 39706 - Reply from Katy (USA) - 2011-08-04

Hello, Im a 12 year old girl(going into 7th) from the USA.. I have lived in two states in the USA and have many experiences to share. Well.. I know this ad is a little late. But if there is anyone interested in your class please contact me.
`Katy

38489 -
modify delete 39520 - Reply from Michele (USA) - 2011-07-24

Hello,

I noticed you are looking for older students. However, I teach First Grade and was wondering if you happen to know any teachers that teach First grade and would be interested in the same thing? Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Michele

38489 -
modify delete 39406 - Reply from Kimberly (USA) - 2011-07-15

Hello. I teach 7th grade in Rockvale, TN, USA. I have 3 classes of about 27 that I'm looking for pen pals for (ages 12-13). Do you have a class that you'd like my students to be pen pals with?

Thank you, Kimberly Rein
http://www.rms.rcs.k12.tn.us/Teachers/ReinK/reink_new.htm

38489 -
modify delete 38979 - Reply from Mohamed (France) - 2011-06-13

Hello,

My name is Mohamed, i've 14 and i live in France. I part a Movie Cinema Club... I do articles, movies, photography,... and i want do an article of your club.

(Who, Where, How, Why, When)

Can you do an article with the students ?
give me their names and i publish the article of you on our blog :

http://quoideneufplacedesmartyrs.wordpress.com/

Answer me please...
Thanks..

38489 -
modify delete 38805 - Reply from Benjamin (Japan) - 2011-05-18

Sonja,

are you still available to do the exchange.

38489 -
modify delete 38615 - Reply from Sonja (Australia) - 2011-04-09

Hi Benjamin,

Would you be interested in communicating with a class of 16 12 year olds from rural Australia??

I have a class of kids who will be undertaking a unit on Japan and building their own Taiko drums in August and we would love to exchange letters or communicate digitally!

Sonja

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info