Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 27997 - from afrodith (Greece) - 2008-11-26
: "how do you teach music in class?"

i care about teaching ideas in schools. mabe with an olistic view, or with pcs.thanks.

27997 -
modify delete 30328 - Reply from Jamie (USA) - 2009-06-17

Hi,
My name is Jamie Baldoumas, and I am a toddler (1 and 2 year olds)teacher in Boston, Massachusetts in the USA. I read your ad on Students of the World about how to teach music in schools. Because the children in my class are very young, I use a hands-on approach to teaching everything. We use music in a variety of ways in my classroom. We have songs to signal transition times, songs about what individul children or the entire class is doing at that moment, we sing traditional childrens songs at circle time, as well as some more obscure, but educational, songs. We listen to music on CDs, and the children have access to sturdy musical instruments (such as maracas, drums, cymbals, and bells), as well as toy microphones to play/sing along. We use music to teach language and vocabulary, help children learn the routines and schedule, and for fun. I hope that this is helpful despite the fact that the children in my class are probably much younger than yours.
~Jamie~

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info