Forum about Debates - Society
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 18404 - from Malcolm , 11 y.o. (Australia) - 2020-06-20
Society : "me in politics"

One day I would want to run for NSW Premier under the Labor Party (my country's centre-left party). I would be running on a platform of
-Investing in Clean Energy
-Increasing Public Transport options
-Increasing rights for LGBTQI+ people
- Setting up a kind of "we are doing this what do u think of it" agency (YourGov)
Would you vote for me? Keeping in mind on the political compass test I identify as Social Democratic

18404 -
modify delete 18604 - Reply from John , 11 y.o. (USA) - 2021-06-24

I don't think I'd vote for you. LGBTQ+ is against my religion, and don't they already have enough rights?

18404 -
modify delete 18485 - Reply from Malcolm , 12 y.o. (Australia) - 2020-11-23

Nuclear energy is clean, but I believe that it comes with many problems such as meltdowns. If proven safe, I would push for it, but I'm more concerned with hydro and solar.

18404 -
modify delete 18483 - Reply from Nyx (USA) - 2020-11-16

To suggest that I am 'kidding' by addressing the scientific fact that nuclear energy is the only reliable, sustainable energy is neither an argument nor a rebuttal, though I would gladly debate you on the issue. Are you aware of how nuclear energy is created?
A Nuclear reactor creates heat that is used to make steam.
The steam turns a turbine connected to an electromagnet, called a generator.
The generator produces electricity.

Take note that the water has been sterilized by the heat, so not only is it creating energy, it's cleaning our waterways.

Questions?

18404 -
modify delete 18472 - Reply from Nicolas (France) - 2020-10-31

Nuclear energy, a clean energy ? Are you kidding, Nyx ?

18404 -
modify delete 18464 - Reply from Nyx (USA) - 2020-10-30

You claim to support clean energy. Do you support Nuclear Energy? Because Nuclear is the only source of clean energy that will ever be able to support a nation.

18404 -
modify delete 18411 - Reply from Malcolm , 11 y.o. (Australia) - 2020-06-28

Good Idea!

18404 -
modify delete 18408 - Reply from Alex , 16 y.o. (Great Britain) - 2020-06-27

Perhaps you could also advocate improved rights for differently able (disabled) people and for ethnic minorities?
Probably the most democratic, responsible, useful and popular approach for "your gov" would include inviting opinion on possible future options - "we are considering doing so and so, what do you think?" - as well as comment on decisions already made.

Forum about Debates - Society - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info