Forum about Debates - Society
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 18351 - from francis , 21 y.o. (Indonesia) - 2020-01-20
Society : "KOREAN WAVE IN NORTH KOREA"

As we know that North Korea is very narrow-minded since the access to information are very limited. But, nowadays, I see that a lot of North Korean already know about outside world through illegal access in Jangmadang and South Korean drama, film and books. And according to many interviews in youtube and websites, a lot of defector said that they escaped North Korea after knowing the truth about outside world through movies and drama they watched under they blanket.

I just wanted to know your opinion about this:

Do you think Korean Wave can be an aspect that may crack the North Korean regime by giving pressure from the ground?

Please share your thought guys!

18351 -
modify delete 18369 - Reply from Don (USA) - 2020-04-14

Yes, it seems that information going in and coming out of North Korea is greatly controlled. The people of North Korea are told they have a great life and that the rest of teh world is opposed to them and threatening them.

18351 -
modify delete 18353 - Reply from Doyeon , 17 y.o. (Korea) - 2020-01-25

Hi, I am a high school student living in Korea.Of course, North Koreans are influenced by Korean dramas or other Korean pop culture, but they are just a few.Since North Korea has been receiving a strict education of communism since the 1950s, the brainwashing education that North Koreans have received since very young will not collapse so easily even if they encounter South Korean culture through illegal channels.

Forum about Debates - Society - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info