Forum about Debates - Society
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 18175 - from, 51 y.o. (France) - 2018-05-18
Society : "US ambassy"

What do you think about the US ambassy settlement in Jerusalem ?There have been many shots on the palestinian side. It will increase tensions and hatred. We will see how Iran , for instance, will react. I don't understand that decision. Trump has fogotten Jesus'memorial place.

18175 -
modify delete 18178 - Reply from Régine , 51 y.o. (France) - 2018-05-19

Yes, but among palestinians there are Christians. Do you think jews will keep them in this high symbolic place ? Will Christians be safe there ? Jews, while colonising, will destroy ANYBODY's own, without any distinction. Christians are concerned.

18175 -
modify delete 18177 - Reply from Korla , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2018-05-19

Some people say "don't tell me, show me." Well, the United Sates of America stands with Israel, and I think that we have proven just that. Shifting the U.S. embassy from the Mediterranean metropolis of Tel Aviv, to the religious hub of Jerusalem, was an overdue promise. Every U.S. president, from H.W. Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama, had given their word to place the embassy in the Jerusalem, Israel. Yet for some reason or another, every six months, extensions were signed, crippling that expectation. During his first year of being in office, President Trump publicly acknowledged Jerusalem, as Israel's rightful, capital city. Within only five months later, he has done what others had procrastinated to do in two decades! I commend the United States and President Trump, for not only approving of the relocation, but for it bringing into physical manifestation.

Over 35,000 Palestinians and protesters, lined the Israeli border, rioting and trying to break through the border. Like most any other nation would do if on the precipice of invasion or massacre, Israel set up a line of defense. I don't understand why, sympathy, and attention was given to the Palestinian side, as though Israel was in the wrong. Sixty-two lives, is the death toll from violent protest in the Palestinian's "March of Return". At least fifty of the people, were from Hamas. Though the loss of life is lamentable, Israel did not intentionally kill innocent people, only defend their territory.

Tension has always been in the Middle East. Hatred is what many people thrive on. Death and threats are a daily part of living. The Palestinians were just pitching a hissy fit. Summer has just started and temperatures are rising. Hopefully soon things will balance out, and possible solutions be found.

18175 -
modify delete 18176 - Reply from Régine , 51 y.o. (France) - 2018-05-18

It's me, Régine, who have written the message.

Forum about Debates - Society - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info