Forum about Debates - Society
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 18088 - from Régine , 51 y.o. (France) - 2018-02-22
Society : "Wild life"

In France wolves come down near hamlets and plains to kill sheeps.
Do you think they must be shot down ?
Bears do the same. Someone let in the forest honey with pieces of glass !!!
What do you think of all of that ?

18088 -
modify delete 18110 - Reply from Lillian , 13 y.o. (USA) - 2018-03-16

It's a small mistake. You can't exactly say someone has terrible English because they messed up on a plural word.

18088 -
modify delete 18108 - Reply from Nicolas (France) - 2018-03-16

Moi j'aime bien les chips :-)
so I like "sheeps" too
:-)

18088 -
modify delete 18104 - Reply from scholar (usa) - 2018-03-16

Regine, lol )) Your English is horrible. Sheep, not "sheeps".
"One sheep. Two sheep, three sheep."

18088 -
modify delete 18093 - Reply from Abram , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2018-03-04

Bonjour Regine!

I think that farmers are justified in taking measures to protect their animals, such as fences, guard dogs, etc. But I do not think that anyone is justified in trying to exterminate these predators for no good reason. They are all wonderful animals and occupy an essential ecological role; if they were removed, the food chain wood be broken and the environment would turn to utter chaos and self destruction; herbivores would multiply unhindered and strip the world of vegetation and then die out themselves when they consumed it all. Obviously, if just a one or two predators were gone this wouldn't happen every time, but the consequences would still be negative and far reaching. It is very easy to avoid animal attacks in most cases; most animal attacks occur when a human is very stupid, such as cornering the animal or stepping between it and its babies.

Thanks for your question!

18088 -
modify delete 18092 - Reply from Régine , 51 y.o. (France) - 2018-03-04

There are associations to protect these predators. I live near a parc for them. If they were well feed there they wouldn't come to attack sheeps. One day, early in the morning a neighbour saw one of them. But fortunatelly he has not been attacked. Do you think there is a solution ?

Forum about Debates - Society - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info