Forum about Debates - Philosophy
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 17285 - from Soph (United States) - 2017-03-10
Philosophy : "Christianity"

What are your thoughts on Christianity? I am a Christian and would like to know what other people think of it. And why some of you think it should be completely destroyed? I want this to be a civilized debate. I don't want any one beingredients rude or mean to the other.

17285 -
modify delete 18303 - Reply from Rebekah (USA) - 2019-07-01

Jesus is real! I believe!

17285 -
modify delete 18224 - Reply from Yasser , 26 y.o. (Morocco) - 2018-10-01

I think jesus words got mixed with all the added words after he was gone especially when he didn't write the bible himself.
Christianity just like any other religion has defects in it since we live in another time. We have new problems, new systems and new ideas. We have to rethink about old religions (all of them) analyze them and see what we should keep and what should we throw away.
in my opinion I can see the nowadays we also have new religions like (spirituality. deism ... ) but we always has to ask more questions about any sort of believes that we adopt.
I still find valuable wisdom in the bible besides some other nonsense as well just like any religion that I looked into
as I said before read and question and read again and question again

17285 -
modify delete 18169 - Reply from Emmanuel , 19 y.o. (Ghana) - 2018-04-29

God exists. There's more proof that this world didn't just come about and there are principles governing this beautiful world. I think some people get it wrong when it comes to matters of Christianity. Christianity is an act of fellowship ( following Christ ) and there are divine principles governing the Christian life. Secondly Christianity is a relationship the individual has with God through Christ Jesus. Looking at the religious point of view I think sometimes some people really undermine Christianity. It goes beyond being a religion. Christians believe that this world has a creator in charge of everything we see. Christians believe not just the material or physical part of this world but the spiritual that's unseen. Christians also believe that someday everything is gonna end. God is seated in heaven and he watches the wickedness and evil in this world but someay he will come here on this earth to pick up his children( those who live to please him) not all people who claim they are Christians are Christians: in God's kingdom you're either a follower or not. Some people just love being called such but I say its their freewill and cannot be taken away from them but those who live the Christ-like ( christian) life are ones we call Christians. Again some people claim they belong to Christ but they don't realize they are just in the hypocritical business. God reigns he created the man to invent things with his given knowledge and the truth is; he created science but there are greater things unexposed and beyond the power of science. It's appointed to everyman to die once and after death there's judgement and I don't think anyone can escape that. God is alive. This is real.

17285 -
modify delete 18129 - Reply from Régine , 51 y.o. (France) - 2018-03-31

Jahd, I think religions are wishdom, and humans need tobelieve in a superior entity, a creator. But have a wrong interpretation. God is against murder Are you atheist ?

17285 -
modify delete 18041 - Reply from Jahd (Kenya) - 2018-02-11

I don't particularly hate Christianity but I certainly don't like it. And this is my attitude towards most if not all religions. Why? This is because religions are most often used to justify some of the biggest and worst atrocities in human history. I believe there is moral and ethical living that doesn't rely on religious thought as religious thought tends to be closed out and averse to debate and critical thinking. And while I do respect people who practice all sorts of religious belief. I despise those who would attempt to chain my spirit and soul into any religion. Man is most free when he has the most freedom to think.

17285 -
modify delete 17867 - Reply from Angela (Macedonia) - 2017-11-07

I consider myself a non-believer, not because I think it is nonsense, but because it hasn't been proven to be true. I honestly respect Christianity, since it presents a very precise statute on how one is supposed to be acting in order to be considered a "good" person, based on rationality. However, I can't believe in the story itself considering the fact that there is none actual proof of the existence of Jesus Christ and his life path. Though I am not a judgy person, and respect other persons thoughts and opinions on this matter. I also understand the theory that believing in something helps the person because it is some sort of a consolation, which I think that in this complex society is very important.

17285 -
modify delete 17864 - Reply from Lillian , 12 y.o. (USA) - 2017-10-24

i believe there is a God. There is proof there is and no proof that anything else is real.

17285 -
modify delete 17675 - Reply from Régine , 50 y.o. (France) - 2017-08-10

A beleif that is prooved can be a reality. It is not just a dream.

17285 -
modify delete 17673 - Reply from Laura (France) - 2017-08-10

Religion is a belief. It is not a science, so it doesn't need to be "proved".

17285 -
modify delete 17649 - Reply from Régine , 50 y.o. (France) - 2017-08-03

Do you beleive in reincarnation ? What is your opinion about extraterrestrial coming to Earth and giving the technology to antic people ? What do you think about the universe we have created in laboratory ? And the fact that the 10 commandements have been written with laser ? Can you give me a proof that God exists ?

17285 -
modify delete 17514 - Reply from Korla (USA) - 2017-05-22

There is no proof God doesn't excist. There is proof that He does. Tons and tons of proof.
Religion is mans way get to God. Relationship is God's way to get to man.
If God had a god or creator then He wouldn't be God. Example if I took a piece of wood and made an image out of it it wouldn't do me zip. How would one look praying and bowing to something it created begging it for daily provisions? Quite foolish I'd say. I do believe there is two dimensions in life, the natural and the
supernatural, angels and demons, the righteous and the wicked, heaven and hell. Everybodies going somewhere and I am glad I know where I'm going when I die. Heaven. If you don't know where you're going and reject the cross there is only one other way to go and it ain't gonna be fun...

17285 -
modify delete 17289 - Reply from Régine , 50 y.o. (France) - 2017-03-11

I was born catholic and raised in a private middle school and high school. Now I wonder if there is a god because we have no proof, and it has been prooved that god laws have been writen with laser. And if there is a god, who created him ? I think we have been created by extraterrestrians. Jesus in my opinion was one of them. Before Bible there were many lost civilisations and lost worlds. And traced of extraterrestrians exist all around the world. But maybe an omnipotent force can exist. An energy maybe.I beleivethe universe has a soul. I think as well that cosmic beings exist.But the big bang could have been createdin a gigantic laboratory, the same way that scientists did in France several years ago. We have created a big bang and an universe in which stars, planets and black holes have begun to appear. According to me the after life is another dimension,a parallel world.

Forum about Debates - Philosophy - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info