Forum about Hobbies - Others
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 43392 - from Liu , 20 y.o. (China) - 2020-10-16
Others : "Do you know bitter gourd as a vegetable? Let's feel the charm and philosophy of"

White Jade Cup (Lin Qingxuan)

Among all vegetables, bitter gourd is the most beautiful.
The beauty of bitter gourd is indescribable. It is crystalline and transparent. In the sun, it looks like white jade. Even its long oval wart-like protrusions grow so delicately. It feels cool and smooth to the touch. It also feels like jade. I feel that the most representative of the beauty of bitter gourd is the Qing Dynasty jade "white jade bitter gourd". The white jade bitter gourd is the representative work of realist jade carvings in the Qing Dynasty. I have only seen the beauty of its carvings in detail and realism. I think the most touching thing is carving this The nameless artisan of this piece, his combination of "white jade" and "bitter gourd" is indeed an amazing inspiration.
   In comparison, although the reputation of "Jade Jade Chinese Cabbage" is far above that of "White Jade Bitter Gourd", I think bitter gourd has a texture that is closer to jade than Chinese cabbage, not only visual, tactile, or sensory.
   Bitter gourd is commonly known as "jin lychee" and "leopard grape". The white jade bitter gourd expresses the beauty of appearance, but I think it cannot fully express the content of bitter gourd and the taste of bitter gourd. The cut bitter gourd is also beautiful. Its interior and seeds are bright red, like living blood. Once I placed the cut bitter gourd on a white porcelain plate. The red and white mirrored each other, almost impossible to express with the brush. . When people stand in front of bitter gourd, especially in summer, there is a chill in the heart, which is just a feeling.
   No matter how beautiful bitter gourd is, it is still used for eating. If you have not eaten bitter gourd, no one would have imagined that such a beautiful appearance would have such a bitter heart. When I was young, I was most afraid of eating bitter gourd, because it reminded me of the traditional Chinese medicine cooked on the stove corner. I always feel that I don’t want to eat good and delicious vegetables. Why do I have to eat such bitter melon? There are a few bitter gourds in my family. Sometimes the protest is invalid, and my mother is often told to eat bitter gourd with a bitter face, saying that bitter gourd can anneal, but it is actually because of the overproduction of bitter gourd in the family.
I am addicted to bitter gourd in the past few years. Perhaps it is because I am older and have experienced a lot of bitterness, bitter gourd does not think it is bitter; perhaps it is the beauty of bitter melon that makes me forget its bitterness when I eat it; I think the most The main reason should be that I discovered that the bitterness of bitter gourd is not bitter, not vulgar, but has a sweet taste in it. It seems that when people in middle age remember the melancholy past of their youth, the bitterness and joy are mixed and difficult to distinguish. .
There are many ways to eat bitter gourd. One of my favorites is the "bitter gourd" in restaurants in Jiangsu and Zhejiang. The bitter gourd is cut into transparent slices and dipped in a sauce made of soy sauce, vinegar and minced garlic. It is very strange. It is not bitter when eaten raw, but it is fragrant and crispy. In the greasy table full, it is unique, and no dish can match it. Once dining with the painter Wang Lan, he was also the most addicted to bitter gourd. A person can eat a large plate of bitter gourd, just like eating sugar, not bitter at all.
   There is an ingenuity in a Jiangsu and Zhejiang restaurant. This dish is called "white jade eaten raw", which reminds people of the taste of white jade in the mouth. Eating it naturally reminds of the white jade bitter gourd of the Forbidden City, which is full of beautiful associations.
Painter Xi Dejin also loved bitter gourd during his lifetime. Not only did he know how to eat it, he could also cook it himself; his best dish was bitter gourd filled with meat, and he cooked this dish personally every time he went to the market to choose the best bitter gourd. Good tendon meat, after carefully mashing the meat, stuffed it in the hollowed bitter gourd, stuffed it until full and firm, or steamed or boiled, it has a unique flavor. Once, the painter was in a treat. I saw him chop meat in the kitchen and carefully stuff it into bitter gourd. When eating bitter gourd with meat, I really feel that life is no more enjoyable. We jokingly named the painter's specialty dish "White Jade Cup". Now the painter has gone, and his expert white jade cup has also followed him. I have eaten this dish several times, but I can't taste the taste of the past.
   Bitter gourd is really a strange vegetable. It is the most beautiful and bitter combination. This combination is probably the creator’s "beautiful mistake". There used to be a sweet and sour drink. The ad word was "the taste of first love." I think bitter gourd can be said to be "the taste of broken love." Love is beautiful, and loss is bitter, but when there is love, there is loss. There is suffering. If one cannot taste suffering, then one cannot appreciate the beauty of suffering.
   We have all eaten bitter gourd, but few people have seen bitter gourd trees. When I was in the south last year, I saw numerous bitter gourds growing in a large bitter gourd field. The farmers were harvesting. They unwrapped the bitter gourd paper and picked them, just like taking white jade from a tree. Standing on the edge of the field, looking at the basket full of bitter gourds, I was suddenly moved. I thought that the beauty of real bitter gourd in life is far more touching than the bitter gourd in the window of the Forbidden City.
I bought a bitter gourd that I just picked from the field and put it at home. I couldn’t bear to eat it. After a few days, the bitter gourd wilted and lost its white jade-like brilliance and transparency. It tasted without any bitterness and lost its flavor. . This reminds me of many things in the human world. Beauty and suffering go hand in hand. People cannot just want beauty and not suffering. The creation of Bitter Gourd cannot be said to be a beautiful mistake, it is a small shadow of life.

Forum about Hobbies - Others - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info